Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Funday


Yes, this is what I did today! I went kayaking! I think DH has totally weirded out here because it was his idea. You have to understand that this is the most LEAST adventurous man you'd meet. Yesterday we went to a kayaking demo and tried them out. Today we went and rented one. At Dh's suggestion I might add! We only lasted a few hours but it was fun. Well, really we paddled for about 1 1/2 hours and celebrated with a beer at a beach resturaunt for the rest of the time. We don't fish and just paddled around. All I can say is thank goodness for all of the weight lifting I've been doing or I'd be in serious pain right now. The middle of my back is sore but my arms and shoulders are fine. We stayed close to the shore and only ventured out into deeper water a couple of times. One of our treks through the boat channel resulted in a boat barreling down on us. We were crossing the channel....in their way! Well, at least it felt like they were barreling down on us . We paddled like mad and dashed across. It turned out to be a beach patrol so the "barreling down" was obviously in our head!!! We did go quickly though when we thought that a boat "with a motor" was about to cross our path!! We stayed in the Laguna and only went out into "bigger water" for a split second. It felt wayyyy toooooo vulnerable. It would probably help to have a bit of knowledge about water, wind, tides, know something about the area, remember where we've been and how to get back , know the names of the various bodies of water around here.....but we will get there if we go again. Who knows, DH may even decide to FISH! I took pictures but they need developed. I'm so not used to film cameras any more!

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

I like canoeing but haven't tried kayaking, my son Adam loves it and did a kayaking excursion when we were in Alaska.

I didn't realize there was a hurricane out there - haven't been watching the news! Glad you got home OK.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails