Sunday, September 23, 2007

Using the Quilts

I have been waiting since May to use these quilts in my classroom. I thought it would be fun to share the pictures.
This is looking towards my "back door."


This is one wall. It looks kinda sparse in this picture!

The aleph-bet (alphabet) quilt was made by Ms. CalicoCat, Amy. It is a perfect addition to my classroom!
The goal I have in mind with my new job is to create a classroom that is warm and homey. The most exciting thing is that THAT is the exact feeling I must be creating because it is the feedback I'm getting from other employees and parents. It is so rewarding to actually be accomplishing a goal! We have off duty policemen on campus during our school day. They come in to my room, have a seat in the rocking chair and just hang out....during classtime or not during classtime. It is particularly rewarding because they have no real stake in our school. They obviously feel comfortable. They are also learning a bit about Judaism which helps to promote tolerance (this is a big, big part of our school), knowledge and just basic understanding of another culture. The problem is that after the next week or so, I have no new quilts to display! I'm going to need to get busy!!


It's funny, I really miss "visiting" with all of you in blogland but for some reason am not getting to the computer like I used to. I know I will be back and in full swing soon, I just am not there yet. I do have a few more pictures to show....other banners I've created and an almost finished anniversary quilt top for Mrs. S. After that I'll need to move so I'll have quilty things to share. I do seem to go through this phase of non-sewing every few years.
Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Sometimes life has us doing other things than sitting in front of the computer! Your decorating looks terrific! I love the way you carried the fruit/veggie theme from one spot to another.

Silverthimble said...

I love the idea of decorating your classroom with your quilts! Isn't it nice that you have such a warm and inviting space--obviously felt by the visitors to your classroom who come to sit for a while!

Sweet P said...

The quilts are wonderful in your classroom. What a great way to share your love of fabric with others.

The Calico Cat said...

Where do I place my order for a Horse raddish quilt? Come on, if you can do a turnip and a raddish, a horse raddish should be easy peasy.

Gail said...

You really are achieving your goal of welcoming and homey, I'd like to visit, myself.

atet said...

I want to come and sit down for a spell! Your classroom is fantastic.

As for the not sewing or having other things going on -- I think that happens to all of us. Don't worry, you'll post when you can, you'll comment when you can, and you'll do what you need to do! And that's the way it should be!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails