Friday, November 06, 2009

What am I thinking - Non quilty this time

I am waiting for the afternoon to go by because tonight I am going on a ride-along with a police officer. I'm excited. I'm scared. I'm nervous. I'm..........OMGoodness! What am I thinking! I am the original scareddy cat. I thought for sure I was going to be required to stay put in the car but NO! He told me to bring along a flashlight. Why????? I asked. "So you can see where you are going!" He said, followed by, "We are going to have fun!" Now I'm scared. He then told me "Maybe we'll get in a foot chase." A FOOT CHASE! Do I LOOK like I run??????? I'll be the official car watcher!!

Random bits about tonight
-if/when he needs to go fast AND turn on the sirens....my sister says "You'll be giggling the entire time!"
-if/when he needs to drive fast my daughter said "MOM! You CANNOT hit the imaginary brake on the floor and tell him to slow down!"
- I want to ask another officer to take a picture of us but am waaayy to embarrassed to be so...so...well, I don't know the word but just that it would be embarrassing. I am however taking my camera in case I can get random shots for my blog.
- I told him that all of my friends are going to be standing on the street waving as we drive past....he said, "we can go visit them." What is this a 6th grade field trip!?
-I was told by another police officer that the "bad guys" tend to talk to the ride-alongs because they are just regular people. AHHHH!!!
-being invisible, discreet and unnoticed is just not possible for someone my size

Oh my It's time to leave......

1 comment:

Elaine Adair said...

OMGosh - what an oopportunity! I for one, will be watching for your post about this adventure! Personally, I would JUMP at the chance - oh yeah, and be scared also. 8-))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails