Another of my finished projects. I bought these placemats at WalMart for .10! Yes you read that correctly....1/10th of a dollar.
I had these nearly finished. I was appliqueing the purple leaves. I finished one mat and began to look around for the other. Where did I put it? Did I drop it on the floor? OMGoodness! I appliqued them together! I nearly cried. Freemotion, zigzag applique on this waffle fabric. After some quality time with my seam ripper, a razor an a brush with a mental breakdown, I got the two separated. Then as I was doing the yellow leaf, my thread broke. Hmmm....why don't I have any tension.....hmmm, let me loosen this tension dial just a bit more.....POP! The entire tension assembly fell apart in my hand. Springs, washer thingys and plastic covers....AHHHH!!!! After a few choice words and deep breathes, I realized that this was just a machine of parts. Assemble the parts correctly and all works well, put them together wrong and nothing works at all. It's not rocket science, it's just a mechanical tool. I got it back together, finished the placemats and opted to put the last two away untill another day. I can't even imagine what else I could do wrong!