Monday, September 22, 2008

Finished Pillows

I've been busy the last few weeks. Maybe I'm not blogging too much or making actual quilts, but I have indeed been creating. I finished this pillow. For some unknown reason, I really, really wanted a ruffle on this thing, I got it in a big way. It's bigger than the pillow!!! I just tucked it behing the others. The picture should enlarge if you click it. OMGoodness! After I posted this I noticed that I never washed off the blue marker used to mark the pattern....oooops!

The pillows on either side were bought at a craft show by my MIL. The quilts on the bench were made by DH's grandma. They are totally utilitiarian, well used and loved. This pillow was given to me by a friend that has broken up shop so to speak. She has quit quilting and gave away all of her stuff. This was hand quilted. all I did was finish it.

4 comments:

Mom IsAmagpie said...

I love your pillow and the ginormous ruffle! My best friend from WAY back in the day (Kindy) is always telling me his fave mantra, which seems appropriate here so I'll share.
"More is more."
This statement is usually shared due to my lack of makeup.

Gina said...

Love the cushions.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Paula, the quilter said...

You have been busy. Like me, it has not been on quilting. But isn't it nice to take a break now and then? Smaller projects finish so much faster.

The Calico Quilter said...

Love your pillows, and what a darling bench! Is it antique?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails