Thursday, May 22, 2008

Quilt for an Hour

I have been agonizing, planning, sewing, sewing, sewing. It seems that Judy is waaayyy faster in her hours then I am in mine! I began on Sunday with cutting fabric. Monday I cut and sewed. I fell behind a bit. Tuesday, more cutting and sewing. Fell behind a bit more. Weds. NOTHING! Ahh! This is QFAH every day! I was behind on Tuesday and now......Yikes~!

I've been looking around at everyones's fabric choices and I am jealous. They are gorgeous!!!! I agonized over what to use. I finally decided that I wanted to make a quilt out of all solids. I am using Kona Cotton for this entire quilt. It will be interesting to see how it looks when finished. I also decided that I needed the quilt bigger and am making it from a 12" block instead of 9". I managed to talk myself out of making it king sized!


I didn't pay attention to exactly how much fabric I had.....This is what I have leftover from the shadow color....

No room for error here. I'm holding my breath that my taking care in sewing, using the Marti Michell templates and general praying, will keep my blocks true to size.

Here is what I have totally finished. Hopefully the points will be done tonight.

I really have to put the pedal to the metal tonight. Now that DH had his test and everything is A-OK he has plans for us. As he put it, he "made a few promises" while laying of the table having his test. It seems he has a list for us this weekend. We will be removing the enormous branch that is hanging off of our tree right now (big wind. Luckily it didn't crash through our window) and then for even more fun, prep our bedroom for painting and hopefully begin painting! "We" also have big plans to grill and who knows what else. Gotta get my sewing done tonight!

4 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I know just how you feel! It almost seems like everyone else gets more done than me. But a friend says "an inch is a cinch, a mile is a trial." Don't you love that! Don't look at the big picture, just at the next little thing you need to sew, and before you know it the whole thing will be finished and beautiful!

Vicki W said...

She's much faster than I am too! I love your fabrics. I think it's going to be a very striking quilt in all solids.

The Calico Quilter said...

A quilt all of solids sounds fantastic. And what a gorgeous array of colors. My mom has made me two quilts of just solids, and without pattern on the fabric the block design and quilting really stand out more. I've been off into the tone-on-tone fabrics so long - you make me rethink my choices.

Amy a.k.a. dragonryder4 said...

I love the colours that you have chosen to do this in :) Can't wait to see more progress pic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails