Friday, May 02, 2008

What Fun!

I am weird. My girls tell me this all the time. I know I am weird. I have self imposed limits on things, can't do this before that , ect. I have wanted to make the fabric coil bowls for a while now. I needed to finish the bags I started-check, finish the coasters-check, quilt the anniversary quilt and ME quilts,- check and check. Now the last two aren't finished but I felt like if I didn't get to do something new, I'd bust so.....



TAADAAA!




It looks a bit wonky in this picture but it's not really.





I was so jealous of Jen at Cre8tiveQuilter for making her bowls. I am so glad I set aside a few of my weird rules to do this. It is fun! I can see how it would be addictive! I finised one small one and am already on another. The one in these pictures didn't use clothesline per se. I had a bunch of thick cording that has been sitting around here. Worked great. I like it much better than the very thin poly/cotton clothesline I am using now. Once I finish this I will go check out some clotheslines at the grocery and WalMart. I had this and couldn't wait to start another bowl.

Although I would have loved to buy the books, I just used this tutorial and am going to try to change things up a bit. So worth a try....so addictive!

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's very cool!

Elaine Adair said...

These are great! I HAVE the book, but not used it yet. The older ladies in the guild (huh? - older than I) said "none of this is new, we used to do that all the time"! Funny, but it's a great use of fabric, even the ugly fabric.

Anonymous said...

I found similar cord coiled into a mat many years ago, made by my great-grandmother in the 30's or earlier. Funny how we always think we are doing something "new"!!! Links to fabric and quilting information and free patterns for scrap quilts and other ideas are at www.quiltquestions.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails