Monday, September 27, 2010

Minkee Monday

DH is NOT a cat lover. DH is NOT a cat lover! DH is NOT a cat lover?????? Hmmmm....let's review. Find original evidence here. Ok, I'll give it to him. DH is not a cat lover. DH is a Minkee lover!!!!! P1170003aBUT, BUT, BUT, she seems to be converting him! LOL!

Last week we had torrential rains and flooding. Just as we left for work on Monday, the skies re-opened and it was a downpour. That night, well into the evening, DH looked at me and said, "There was a little cat in the middle of the freeway." Pause. "It was just sitting there soaking wet." Paauuse. "There was so much traffic and it was pouring. I couldn't just stop in the middle of the freeway. The poor thing was just sitting there." Pause. "The rain was just coming down and there were cars on both sides of me. The traffic was heavy. It was just soaking wet." PAUSE. ........ "I had to drive over it. Neither my tires or the bottom of the car hit it but......" (Now I realize that NOT hitting an animal is not a reason to be called an animal lover, that's just being a decent, caring human being. It's what happened next that is the amazing part.) I looked at him and said, "Awwww, too bad you couldn't stop a get it, Minkee would love a friend to live with her." He didn't even balk!

Hopefully that poor little kitty made it's way out of the middle lane of the freeway. But I have a feeling that the next little orphan Mr. DH sees, will be coming home in his pocket! I don't know how in the world we'll ever explain that one to the girls.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails