Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cats

It is no big secret that I don't like cats. To be fair, I'm not a lover of dogs, birds, fish, iguanas or any other animal that requires my attention. I've harbored a secret love for kittens and puppies but since they grow up to be cats and dogs, I've been able to refrain. (plus I have been a terrible pet owner in the past.) I have to say though, in all honesty, it's not that I don't like the cats, it's more that their owners are usually, .....well....cat crazy. They love everything cat, collect cat fabric, talk cat talk, call one another with cat antecdotes and are ....well....cat crazy! I just never, ever wanted to be cat crazy.

I guess nature had another idea for me.

Two days ago there was this cat in the backyard. Then later in the day I found her sitting on our little patio. Yesterday, DH told me that he shooed a cat out of the garage. Was it the same cat? He couldn't tell me any details only that it was a cat. Then last night as I was making dinner I hear this loud meowing. I asked DH if it was the tv. Nope. I went out in the garage and there was this cat. She was meowing to beat the band. I couldn't get her out of the garage! Finally I decided that she must be hungry and yup! She was starving. Not knowing a thing about cats, I gave her milk. I went in the house. When she was done, she came to the door and meowed and meowed and meowed. CCCat told me to give her some meat. All I had was chicken fajita meat. Thats what she got.
She ate and then rubbed and rubbed against my legs. Finally I got brave enough to pet her. Then Mrs. S came over and she pet her.
Every time we went back in the house, she stood outside the door and meowed and meowed. If we opened the door, she was right there trying to get inside! This is a picture of the cat trying to get in. I;m crouched on the floor with the camera pointed out of a crack in the door!
At one point we finally got the cat out of the garage and this is what happened at the front door!

To make a long story shorter, Mrs. S finally shamed DH into allowing me to keep the garage door cracked so the cat wouldn't be out in the rain. That silly cat stood just kept standing by the door and meowing and meowing. It wasn't loud just persistent.

We went to bed and everytime I got up in the night, I heard the meowing at the door. It was pitiful!

This morning it was back to ear piercing meows! Hungry? Yes!

This cat has adopted me. It is very, very loving and people friendly. It jumped in my lap after it ate, put its paws up on my shoulders and it's head on my chest! AHHH! I can't like this cat. I don't like cats.

To be fair I called a lost pet hotline and tomorrow will put an add in the paper. .... This cat must be a lost one. Noone would turn out such a loving animal. It's obviously not wild and is very clean and been well cared for. ....... I also bought a litter box, litter and food to keep it from "screaming " at me in the morning. .....I also pet it every few minutes....I don't like cats!

Right now it is in the garage. It can't come in until it "proves" that it is litter trained......Every time I go out there it purrs and purrs.......AHHHH! I DON'T LIKE CATS!!!! Every time I come in, DH asks how MY cat is......(uhmmm, he doesn't like cats either but when I came in the house I caught him petting the cat!!)

BIG BIG BIG BIG SIGH! WE DON'T LIKE CATS! But we may be new cat owners........How far away is the cat fabric, cat talk and cat antecdotes? Oh bother!

6 comments:

Norma said...

For YEARS we never had a cat because my husband claimed he "hated cats". Then our grand daughter's cat had kittens. I suggested we bring one home.....because I like cats (not a dog person at all though). Well, guess who is now best friends with the cat, worries over her, fusses over her.....Yep, our cat hater! My son just shakes his head and says, "Dad, with a CAT?"

Thing is, what you like does not matter.....the cat likes YOU and they run the show, the entire show!

SandyQuilts said...

Congrats on your new family member ... yep she's in. Please have her spayed.

We are the proud owners of 2 strays, both fixed. Sweetie and Mister are fun.

What will you name her?

Anonymous said...

She is a very pretty cat, and just remember, you don't have to become a cat crazed person to love a cat. Cat crazed people are no differnet from those new parents who go on and on about how brilliant their children are. Just remember, there are lots of other parents who don't bombarb you will silly stories, but they still love their children. Cat owners can be like these folks as well!

The Calico Quilter said...

Guess what, Morah, I think you got a cat! Aw, give it a chance, cats are great pets. Remember, cats are very selective when picking a new person. The fact that she picked you says volumes about your character. Bask in the glow of knowing you were special enough to be her person! She's quite pretty, too.

The Calico Cat said...

My husband was not a "pet person" before me... I came with 2 cats. (I am a cat-a-holic.)

Now I hear "Chatoolim Sheli."

Oh & you don't have to go cat crazy... I know cat owners who never metion their cats & don't have any "cat things."

Michelle said...

I enjoyed your "adoption" story...I think you've been adopted! LOL I love my kitties, but I don't think I'm a crazy cat person...I don't collect everything "cat." LOL She sure looks like a sweetie...good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails