Wednesday, November 26, 2008

DH MUST love me

In this time of delicious looking food, I thought I'd post what I fed DH last week. You see, every once in a while I make "cream of green" soup. This is quite an arbitrary name. It is actually, cream of "whatever is in the bottom of the fridge" soup. I take all the "seen better days" veggies plus leftover canned vegis, an onion and maybe even some frozen vegis and saute them in a pan. After they are a bit soft, I add broth, water, wine.....whatever. I let it cook and then puree it. At this point it is very thick and I either freeze it or dilute a bit more and then add some cream, milk or cheese.

Now lets have a short science lesson here.....red and blue make purple, yellow and blue make green,.... carrots, parsley and tomatos.....uhm.......how do I say this without using my potty mouth........perhaps a picture will sufficiently describe the color and look.....


Luckily it tasted delicious. You just couldn't look at it while you ate. (I have been making this soup for a long time and this picture is way prettier than it actually looked!!) I asked my SIL, Mr. FancyPants if he wanted some ugly soup. He said that I'd served him ugly soup before and this couldn't be that bad.....untill he saw it. He said I outdid myself in the color and texture department this time. I couldnt' get Mrs. S to eat any. She couldn't get past the color.

6 comments:

swooze said...

Add food coloring! LOL!

Elaine Adair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elaine Adair said...

(I'll spell better this time!)

I KNOW that soup is delicious!

I recently saw a Campbell Soup ad, for a new type soup, and to look at it, YUCKKKKKKY, but it was squash soup. So, they must have decided taste was more important than looks.

Split pea soup never came into MY menu until I actually TASTED it! Yummy!

Susan said...

I laughed so hard, and then had to read this aloud to my best friend whose visiting. Great idea, just not sure about the puree part. =)

The Calico Quilter said...

OH......MY.......GOODNESS......the color does leave you speechless. I'd suggest a candlelit dinner!

floribunda said...

You might want to keep a tube of tomato paste in the fridge for times like these -- just a couple of tablespoons can really brighten up an ugly soup!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails