Saturday, December 29, 2007

Home is Good


I love to visit family but there is no place like home. We had the usual lovely time with the actual travel aspect; airline & weather delays, racing between terminals in Houston with seconds to spare...but we made it there and back in one piece and all is well. Family time was wonderful. We must have taken 300 photos over the course of a few days and I can't wait to scrapbook them. All in all it was fun. However, I am really, really ready to get back to normal. Our schedules have been nuts for at least the last month and I want to get back to the humdrum of everyday life.

I did meet my goal on finishing a stitchery while gone. I came home last night, woke up this morning, bordered it and it is now finished! World record for me, start to finish in 9 days. I did buy some fabric while away but it is something that I've not seen here and I don't feel one ounce of guilt. I take a picture and post it tomorrow. MIL bought me this book and this book. I am thrilled! I can't wait to actually put the designs to good use. In case you are interested, Pam Clarke has her own website for additional items. TTFN

6 comments:

Silverthimble said...

What a cute little stitchery! The books that your MIL gave you look like good ones! Enjoy. Happy New Year!

Susan said...

Love the stitchery - it's darling!

The books look great. Golden Threads has lots of wonderful quilting things. Hope you show us what you do as you play around with the books!

Marilyn Robertson said...

Your stitchery is adorable! Love it!

Sweet P said...

I love your stitchery. Great job on getting it done so quickly.

Mary Johnson said...

Home is good and being home alone is good too! I loved having Chris and my DIL here for Christmas but I wasn't sorry to see them leave to go home after 5 days either. Keith left at the same time for a trip and so I was home alone for a few days - very nice after the busy holiday!

Laurie Ann said...

Yes, home IS good! I like to travel, but I think my favorite part is coming back home again. As Dorothy said, "there's no place like home!"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails