Monday, December 31, 2007

Stash Enhancing Busting Report

I haven't busted a thing over the past few weeks. Well, I did get my 1st clue FINALLY finished for the Quiltville mystery and I started and finished the stitchery from my last post. However, it is totally negated by the fact that I bought the above. Doesn't it look like Hanukkah fabric? I bought it, in all places, at Joanns. We obviously didn't have it here in our rinky dink store so I felt the need to buy all they had. I have no idea how many yards is there, I never even looked, asked or checked. I just love it though. It is an Alexander Henry fabric and it was something like $3/yd. I don't feel one ounce of guilt in buying this fabric. I think that's the entire point of this little business of stash busting. It is not feeling guilty for the occasional purchase but at the same time not buying everything in sight. Plus, being a glutton for punishment, and after complaining about the round one, I bought the heart shaped yo-yo maker. I needed to see if it would be easier on shapes then on the circle. If not I will be crowned with the "duh" award of the year because not only did I not like the round maker and am giving it away, I paid full price for this one! I would have waited for it to go on sale but I haven't been able to find these things in any of our local stores.

3 comments:

Granny said...

Oh, heck! I'm supposed to be the cheerleader for stashbusting and I would've bought that same fabric for that price. You can't go wrong with a good, quality fabric for that price. Don't tell anyone I said that! :)

Tamera said...

I think that part of stashbusting is learning to be selective about the fabric that you buy.

You saw fabric that you knew you would use, and you bought it...consciously.

I don't know about you, but I think that's a step in the right direction.

merrily row said...

We must be sisters, for sure. I thought I was the only one with the every pin in its pincushion obsession. I stop mid stitch to put them in the right pin holder.

And that is gorgeous Hanukkah fabric. I wish my Joann's carried A.H.

Mary

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails