Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Family


I don't know that I've ever posted a picture of my in-laws. I thought I'd share this one because it came out so nice. My in-laws have been married nearly 52 years. We actually both come from families with marriage longevity. My parents were married 35 years before my mom died. My one set of grandparents 50 odd years and my other 35 before my grandpa died (they had both been widowed with children when they married). Both of DH's grandparents were married over 50 yrs. and my in-laws 52 so far. The fact that we are going on 25 was never unexpected. It never occurred to me that we'd do anything but remain married. We've had our moments of total love and devotion..ahem...but neither one of us has ever even suggested throwing in the towel. It just never occurred to me that I'd be anywhere else.

I wish I'd have taken a good picture of my dad while I was visiting, but I didn't. My dad is NOT photogenic so the very best picture I have of him is from Mrs. S's wedding.

I just love my family. For all their quirks, foibles, "pita"ness, and just plain weirdness, I wouldn't trade them for anything. Why so mushy? Holidays of reflection always remind me of what a lucky, lucky woman I am. From my husband, his family, my family and our family, I am a very lucky woman.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! I'm going to try, once again, to do the same. Congratulations, too, on your upcoming 25th anniversary! I've got one of those coming up in July. Love your pictures.

Leslie said...

How blessed your children are to come from a looong line of people who understand the meaning of marriage vows. I, too, come from a similar line. Congratulations!

Nana's Quilts said...

Blessings to you. I am confident that knowing how much we are blessed is such a huge key to our success. The photo is a treasure.
Marne

margil said...

I hope you have a wonderful anniversary! My DH and I celebrate our 29th on Saturday. we usually forget it because it is so close to Christmas. :-D Congratulations!

Marcia

atet said...

Family is the very best. Love the progress on your current projects (and darn you -- I've been resisting the mystery so far...though I have chosen my color combos and am doing mental inventory of my stash at this moment...but no, I have enough projects I need to finish!) Happy New Year -- may it bring you much joy, love and laughter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails