Monday, January 31, 2011

Design Wall Monday

My design wall is a few miles down the road right now at CCCatlover's house! Aviva's chuppah (wedding canopy) is finally being quilted.
These pictures show us loading it on the frame.
2011-01-29 17.09.32


2011-01-29 17.09.55


2011-01-29 18.11.50


I HAD to take this picture as I NEVER, EVER, EVER make things square! This chuppah was built on bias edges. I had no real pattern other than the stars. Every turn was an agony of "what to do next." (my poor friends had to suffer in what we like to refer to as chuppah "hell" also) However, all of the agonized, kvetching and picking the brains of those around me, resulted in something that was square! I have no earthly idea how I did this but attribute it to sheer, utter luck!!
2011-01-29 18.22.04

Here are some shots of the continuous curve quilting I did on Sunday. It's not the greatest but it's the first time I've done continuous curve. It's getting better but is a far cry from smooth! The thread in the pics looks like the tension is off but I think that's just because I had my camera setting on macro.

P1300143



P1300144



P1300145

Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the rest of the design walls listed on Judy's blog.

12 comments:

Tamera said...

How beautiful! I love the color.

Quilter Kathy said...

That was so fun to see your quilt being loaded...I've never seen a quilt being loaded on a long arm machine before :) Congrats on having the quilt come out square...great job!

Vicki H. said...

Looks great and the continuous curve quilting is a perfect choice. My own quilts are never square when I load them on the long arm, congrats on your finish!

Karen S said...

What a beautiful chuppa. I hope the newlyweds will be very happy.

Chris said...

Your chuppa is stunning. Sometimes things come out perfect for the perfect occasion :)

Sarah Vanderburgh said...

Thanks for sharing the process shots of loading your chuppa. Love the colours. Congrats to you on a very beautiful project!

Elaine Adair said...

Your continuous curves look very good to me! And all those pretty greens look lovely. You did a great job -- I know it was a lot of work.

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Your quilting is turning out very nice. It complements the pattern quite well.

Alycia said...

Very cool - I love seeing it ready to be quilted!

Danielle said...

Beautiful greens, what a lush chuppah Aviva will have!

Barb in Mi said...

Just beautiful! And so square - and of course it was planned that way...

Anonymous said...

Your CC's don't look that bad, but for absolutely perfect ones you should invest in a "4 in one" tool. It has different curves that you guide the machine around. Easy to use and smooth, reliable results. Gadget Girls should carry this tool.

Pamela in SOMD

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails