Monday, January 03, 2011

Design Wall/Chuppah

This week has brought, thankfully and finally, many changes to my design wall. Last week I was here. As I was the week before, and the one before that! I've finally been inspired to get this thing done! This morning I was here......

....complete with mitered corners! Yes! Me! Mitering corners!

This evening I was here....

It's a bit misleading as the left and right are not attached yet.

I have a really big problem. The top and bottom have .75 difference. I don't know if I should compensate when I add the top and bottom borders or if I let the difference grow.If I split the difference before adding the top and bottom borders, all the excess will be in those solid triangles. If I let the problem grow....well, it will just get worse! I don't know if the problem came in with the triangle border or before. I had tons of trouble adding the triangles. I must have ripped the biased edges a million times. Seriously, I learned a valuable lesson that the degree of angles really matters! LOL!

Hopefully by next week the top will be done!


Charlene S said...

Don't let it grow! Every quilt I make teaches me lessons...some I didn't want to how to remove squares in an already quilted quilt. LOL Remember to keep 2011 STRESS FREE

Diana said...

I'm not sure how to help you solve the problem, but I can tell you that it is absolutely beautiful!

Chris said...

I can say you need to nip it in the bud before it grows. This is such a lovely quilt!

Quilter Kathy said...

It's beautiful! Congrats on the progress! I can imagine that dealing with the triangles would be tricky! I would say try to reduce the larger size and do a lot of quilting in the triangles to bring in the excess as much as possible.


Related Posts with Thumbnails