Sunday, April 06, 2008

Stashbusting efforts



I didn't use a ton of fabric, but ...... I didn't buy any either! WhooHOO! Since the time I last checked in on the stashbusting report, I've bought one little fat quarter. However.....I did buy 3 pantographs, thread, thread, thread and a few patterns. No fabric but buying nonetheless.


THis tote bag is a combination of patterns. The actual cut out bag is from a Butterick "for dummies" pattern. However, I added a lining and pockets. I used DecorBond and fusible fleece on both the lining and outer cover. Yes, I wanted a very sturdy bag. This thing stands up all on it's own! I use whatever I have on hand for the bottom. I seem to have an abundance of foam core so that is what you see there. I also used that fusible Velcro. I can't wait to find out how it holds up.
Ms. A is a deaf interpretter and is the envy of all she works with when she shows up with her purse. I figure the purse and the tote bag together will put her over the top! I think I'm done with this fabric for a while....In order to have variety in the fingerspelling, I had to take apart and reassemble the little squares. I got tired of it and started sewing 1/4" betweem rows. It's annoying that there are two letters side by side but sewing all those squares together was too much work for a silly tote bag!! I was thrilled when I figured out that my King Tut thread matched perfectly!

3 comments:

Sweet P said...

That's a gorgeous bag. I love the decorative stitching on the handles. Your DD will be all envy hen she goes to work.

Sue R said...

Really a great job on the bag, and the fabric is very cool.

Greenmare said...

AAAAAAAA My daughter knows sign language and I made her a tote with that SAME fabric in the orange and purple colorway!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails