Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Lotsa stuff

Well after a long wait, we finally have seen pictures of Mrs. S's wedding. Some of the photos are good and some not so good. For instance...the top of DH's head is cut off in the only photo of us walking Mrs. S down the aisle....It is frustrating when you depend on someone else.....We had NO and I mean NO cameras. We were all in la la land on that account so the photographers rendition will have to do. Never mind...The photos do show the absolute look of love in their eyes.....

Thanks a million times to kim @ peachquilting for her multiple renditions of a pink and brown log cabin. I think I will do mine with a dark pink in the center and lighter pinks on the outside. Another question.....what are the opinions on using one tone of pinks say like civil war pinks or muted tones like thimbleberries and brights all in one quilt. I think it will look nicer to use only one tone or the other. Problem is I may not have enough of one or the other.
But I don't want to put this much work into a king sized quilt and wish I had done something else. I'm leaning toward the muted tones as I really don't think DH would like a bright pink and brown quilt on the bed. I don't think he would notice the muted tones.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morah - if you send me scans of the fabric (1 x 1 or multiples and let me know the scale) I will put them into the EQ for you and send you some variations...

Anonymous said...

As a caveat, you know I like scrappy quilts... I would mix many together (probably not HOT HOT PINK), but as I wrote that I reminded myself, that even I have a couple quilts planned that will only use one tone/style of pink....

Joyce said...

I agree that one tone would probably look better unless your plan is totally scrappy. I would lean toward the muted tones too.

Anonymous said...

Without seeing pictures of the fabric I can't help you, sorry.

But I can relate about the wedding pictures. When the photographer at DS's sent the digital photos to us she didn't include any of the ones she took with our entire side of the family! We got lots of bad ones, but none of the family.

Mary Johnson said...

That's too bad that the pictures aren't what you wanted. Luckily the pictures of my son's wedding were pretty good - the photographer took a TON of them so we had lots to choose from.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails