Friday, December 22, 2006

OY! This is driving me crazy!


I CANNOT decide on what setting to put my log cabin into! I really want to know what I am doing before I begin to cut and assemble. Sooooo....here is the latest version created in my stinky excel program. I am always drawn to the sunshine and shadows setting. But after looking at nearly every log cabin in webshots, I've decided that it can sometimes fall flat. Mostly the ones that have no vibrancy are those that are two toned, no scrappy. I love, love, love, the quilt that Mary showed on Dec. 16. LOVE! I am trying to figure out how to do this quilt with brown and pink and cream...will I lose the pattern if the pinks and browns are not the same value? should I add a 4th color and if so what? I think I just need to start making log cabin quilts and do nothing else for the rest of my life so I can get in all the beautiful variations.
So I just realized that this is a barn raising setting....Aren't these terms interchangable???Sunshine and Shadows and Barn raising??

2 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Here's a link to my picturetrail site to the log cabin flannel quilt I did using a variation of the barn raising set. I remember I didn't have enough blocks to really do a full barn raising so I looks a bit strange. But I kinda like it because it doesn't have that 'bullseye' thing going.
http://tinyurl.com/y4fk5n

The Calico Cat said...

All the block are the same - why don't you piece 100 or so & then play with them?

Why 100 - because that is how many faux log cabin blocks I am in the middle of making.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails