Friday, July 06, 2007

Ranting about batting

I have successfully used the June Tailor fusible batting for a while now. I hate the whole basting process so fusible batting is a godsend to me. Although I don't love the JT product, it is sufficient for the projects I use it for. I don't know if they have changed the product or what but it is awful now! Twice I've fused quilts only to have them fall apart as I'm quilting. I get lovely bunches on the back! The first one was a string quilt for the Heartstrings project. I just thought that there were too many seams for the batting to hold. That one I had to rip out and send off to a LA quilter. I'm trying to finish a toddler sized quilt for a friend and URGH! This riffin' raffin' batting isn't holding and the back is shifting and moving. Ripping the quilting is not an option as I used clear monofilament on the front and white on the back. I won't be able to see the stitches very well. I'm just going to plug away and hopefully will have a finish to post tomorrow but I was wondering if anyone else has begun to have trouble with the JT batting. I won't be buying it any more. It's not worth the headache.

1 comment:

Granny said...

Never used the JT batting but sounds like it's not working very well! I wonder if there are other fusible batts that might work better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails