Friday, February 29, 2008
I've been tagged! Whenever someone tags me I feel like a queen for the day! As Mrs. S would say, "I feel all special inside." I've been tagged by Nana's Quilts to do the "Weird and Random" meme.
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
I know I'm weird, my kids tell me so all the time...Every once in a while one of them will call me to say, " I know that I am your daughter because I am as weird as you are. (Wow! what a compliment!) I did such&such today and it is something you would do."
1. I never willingly listened to country music. As a matter of fact, other than Jewish music I rarely, if ever listened to music. Something snapped in me this summer.....I am always listening to country music, have an mp3 player stuffed with music and watch country music videos while quilting. (as a matter of fact, I have DH listening to the country channel and we are going to see Rodney Atkins tonight in concert!)
2. I rarely, rarely ever had an alchoholic drink. I'd have the obligitory wine at holidays but that was about it. Now we go out dancing 1-3 X/ week. Depending whether it's a lesson or going out, I have a drink....or two. ...which leads me to #3
3. I began dancing. Once again, something I'd never done before. I'd never danced (two step, polka, waltz and definately not tejano). I'd taken many dance lessons as a kid and as a teenager was always "fast dancing," but not this honkey tonk type stuff! But it is a total blast! Our girls say "Ohhh don't call Mom & Dad, they're going out "clubbin'." Well, they also say we do the equivilent of going out for a senior citizen dinner when we go dancing. Whereas Grandma Lil goes out for dinner at 4:00, we go dancing at 8:00. 8:00 !!! They crack up! "Sheesh Mom, that must be the time the senior citizens go out clubbin'!" Then they call each other and die laughing that about #1, 2 & 3. Like I'm 192 years old!!!!! Between numbers 1-3, DH is certain that I've flipped my wig! Fortunately, he has been willing to travel this weird and out of character road with me and we are having the time of our lives. He keeps saying, "You are a totally differant person!" and "Who are you??" It's good. It's all good!
4. I make up songs. I can take a tune (usually one in my head that noone else is listening to) and add words that relate to whatever is going on. I never really think about the words, they just come out. Like if "Mary Had a Little Lamb" was running through my head I may break into song and sing....Morah likes to go dancing, go dancing, go dancing, Morah likes to go dancing though DH thinks she's weird. Really poor example but there is nothing running through my head right now.
5. I'm very flexible. I can do splits on both sides. Whenever I'm in class and we do stretching that invlolves splits, the sweet young thing leading the class is always surprised. I can also sit with my legs out and lay my forehead on the ground. Yeah I know, both terribly useful. As a kid I was in acrobat class (now known as tumbling or gymnastics). All the girls could do headstand....not me. Finally, they figured out I could do a straddle split (center split) and had me do that while the rest were doing their headstands (if that isn't a random fact about me, I don't know what is!!!)
6. I like mustard on potato chips...well perhaps I should say liked since I can never eat chips again in my fat life!!!! LOL!! At JCC camp, we always had hot dogs and chips on Friday. They served them with mustard and we dipped our chips in the mustard. YUM!
7. I am not afraid to get up in front of an assembly and sing (I'm NOT a good singer. I'm just not afraid to do it. Trust me, tunes are arbitrary with me), dance (as in silly dance to a childs song), and act goofey. I lead our school assembly every Friday and although it is mostly children we have many adults join us. I think the most embarrasing time though was a few weeks ago. We had our "Donuts with Dad" and I forgot about it. I had planned this song that involved alot of wiggling and shaking both on my part and the childrens. When I remembered that it was Donuts with Dad I nearly died but ....Oh well! I'm there for the children and although it was a bit embarrassing to be shaking my bootie in front of all those dads, we all lived through it! Funny thing is, if I act all embarrassed and uncomfortable so do the other adults. When I act silly and not be embarrassed to do a wiggle, they begin to join in and have fun right along with me!
So there you have it. Weird and Random. If you ask Mrs. S and Ms. A they would say that is my middle name!!
Sorry, I can only come up with three right now....I'm off to stand and wait for the concert to begin!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Friday, February 15, 2008
I love all things snowman. I made this a few years ago. It hangs year round in my foyer.
Again with the snowmen.........I know that those of you not in south Texas are sick to death of snow. I get sick of 85 degree weather and miss the snow and hot chocolate!
Does anyone with multiple blogs know how to send something from another source, like webshots, to one or the other of their blogs....I mean how can I choose? Right now, if I send something from webshots, it only goes to my family blog. I then need to cut it from there and add it here. I cannot get it to come here directly. Is it because the other is first alphabetically?
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
So my report is this....My weight loss/exercise is a failure this week. However!!! WHO CARES!!! You see, I'm not a failure, my attempts to continue weight loss are a failure. I am just fine. So my pants aren't fitting nicely because I haven't been exercising. So, I've gained a few pounds. So, we danced last night and my legs are rubber this morning. SO WHAT! I can start again today. That's the beauty of it. I am not a failure! I'm struggling! After a long "conversation" with a dear online friend I am renewed; actually, I'm inspired. I am ready to begin.....again.
Free Comments & Graphics
Last week I exercised 2X and didn't dance on Friday as I went to Austin. (Ohhhh I had delicious toasted cheese samiches and Reeses Pieces sundaes with my girls. It was wonderful! Not the food but the comraderie) My goal this week is to exercise 4 days, dance 2, take my vitamins (they really help me) and drink all the water I am supposed to drink. If weight comes off great. If not, at least I will be back on the right track.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
This is the Abomination quilt. It was just something I put together to use up scraps. It's really as ugly as it looks but it is very funtional.
I made this for a friends granddaughter...
and one of the ones below for her big sister. I don't remember which. I had tons of Mary Englebreit fabric and made 4 or 5 tops from it. I have one left (a UFO) and one unphotographed.
Friday, February 08, 2008
This is my one and only attempt at chenille. I really want to do it again. I just haven't gotten around to it. This is after the chenille process.
This is what the fabric looked like originally. It is an odd size and I've never filled it with a pillow form!
I love the Art to Heart books. I made one of these for both of my girls and myself.
For a while I was a machine making the pet screen bags. I made around 30 or so. These were a few that I made for myself or family. The top bag is the extra large one. It holds the med. sized cutting mat. I made the straps extra, extra long so that I could carry the bag over my shoulder with the mat.
Mrs. S and I are off to visit Ms. A in Austin. We are having an all girls weekend. SHould be fun, although it is always so hard on my checkbook!
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
This picture is a "just because I can picture. " It is of my neice, CheerGirl and myself when we visited in December. Yes, we are in front of a Budweiser sign. No, I'm not going to explain why but the sign was the reason for the picture. All I can say is, if CheerGirls teacher received a description of what all we did together, she would wonder what type of an influence that Aunt M is!!!! LOL!!!! Innocent fun I assure you but part of the list included lunch in a bar, and winning $7.00 playing Tripoly!!!!!(she beat the pants off of my MIL!!! LOL!!!)
Just to be fair, I also have a nephew, SportsBoy but don't yet have permission to post a photo. Another day, another day.
I only wish I lived closer to these guys. Family is what it is all about!!!!!!
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Another oldie. Long ago, I made a tiny wall hanging quilt for my dad, that consisted of ice cream cones. The reason for this quilt was because every special occasion in our house warranted going to get ice cream. Have a dance recital, go for ice cream. New car, ice cream. Bored on a Sunday afternoon, "Let's go for a ride." and invariably we ended up getting ice cream. The tradition continued when my girls were little. My dad took them out for ice cream all the time. The only difference was that there was a new ice cream stand and they always put candy eyes on the cones. The girls loved going to "The place with eyes." So, this little quilt had 9 or 12 different ice cream cones with eyes. Plus in the border, I used my fancy new machine (this was at least 15 yrs, ago.) to write the reasons why we went for ice cream and the various places we used to go. It was very cute. This is one of the leftover blocks that I had for years! I used it to make a cup cover for one of the girls.
(As long as I told this story, I figured I'd post a photo of the girls and my dad this past summer. They still insist on make a stop at "the place with eyes," whenever they go "home." Look how happy their faces are, even at their "advanced" ages. Believe it or not, that is about as wide as my dad ever smiles in a picture. He is fairly giddy in that shot!!!)
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Charity String-group effort
Charity String-strips & strings
Flag wall hang
Jolly Jingle Table runner - floral