Friday, November 23, 2007

It's cold here!

Take a look at my weather pixie. She is finally DRESSED! I was very worried about her peeling off layer after layer this summer. She didn't have much left to peel at 96 degrees. It was a nervous time for the poor girl when the temps threatened to hit 100! But today...ah! All of you north of here probably don't get why DH and I do a happy dance when the temps are cold (now don't laugh at my definition of cold. It's all realative. Cold in south Texas is a different definition then cold in NE Ohio) Being transplanted Ohioians, we miss the cold and snow. When the weatherman tells us it's to be cold, dreary and overcast the next day, we smile and wait in breathless anticipation. Then when it is cold, we put on our sweat shirts, open the doors and happily shiver. It was bliss last night to sleep under the blankets instead of on top of them. It is windy (yeah!) cold, (yeah) nasty, (yeah) cloudy, (double yeah) and not a speck of sunshine in sight! My FAVORITE kind of day! It's 48 degrees. (Weds. it was 87) I get to wear my "uniform" today. Many years ago, the first time DH went to Alaska, he bought me a sweatshirt. I wore that thing on a daily basis. He began to call it my uniform. When I stopped wearing it he was quite concerned. I had stained it and could no longer wear it out of the house. The last time he went to Alaska was earlier this year. He covered his bases and bought me two new uniforms. I've not worn them since. He keeps asking, "when are you going to wear your uniform.? Today is the day! I'm all snuggled in my Prudhoe Bay sweatshirt, and ready to take on the day! WHOOHOO! I'm in bliss, sheer bliss!

Ya' know the luggage tags I've been threatening to work on all week? Well, yesterday I finally adapted the pattern and began the work. Then DH went off his rocker at 7:30 last night and suggested we go out dancing. What's a girl to do I ask? Turn down a date with DH to dance (key here is his suggestion, not mine! ) for a date with a Janome 6600? I think not! So we went dancing. It was fun because it wasn't so crowded and our terrible dance moves went much better (translation, we didn't knock anyone over on the dance floor!) Plus we worked off just a bit of the turkey, ect, from the past two days. I'm off today to finish the luggage tags, make a few aprons and hopefully post a picture.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

I like the cold too. Good thing because it's snowing here today and -5 (about 20 Fahrenheit). My son claims that the air is never fresh until it's at least -20 and I tend to agree with him. Ask me again in March though and I may have a different story.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow just had to come from bloglines to see the weather pixie dressed for once........she did get rather bare in summer........lol.....oh and how do you put the line thru words.......

atet said...

Hmmmn...I wonder what weather pixie would be wearing on my sidebar -- since it's a toasty 32 here in the cornfields! Have fun sewing!

Susan said...

I love your "uniform" - sounds warm and comfy. DH happy now? =) And dancing? Wow, what fun! I can't remember the last time we danced - even at home! LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails