Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Charity Quilts

AWWW CRUD! I HIT PUBLISH BY MISTAKE AND THE WRONG PICTURE WILL SHOW UP NOW ON BLOGLINES ECT.! PHOOOEY!








These are pictures of the charity quilts we've done. I use the word we quite loosely as Ms CCCat basically did all of the work. We worked together to begin the strip sets....she finished them and then quilted. I (dutdududaaaa) did the binding! Poorly I may add! No you haven't gone crazy. The quilts are so similar that even I can't seem to keep them straight!

When I left CCCat's house and began the trek down her driveway, I stopped my car in disbelief! Cows! Cows I tell you! In her front yard!!!
(now in all fainess her front yard ended with a small grove of trees and this was just the front of their property but still!!!) Not only cows but calf. See that little black lump in the middle. It's a wee little calf. TOO cute! (while you are at it, look at the sky in these pictures. The day was gorgeous and the sky proves it!)

Soooo...as long as I had my camera out....I took pictures of the nasty road construction that is filling the air, and my furniture, with lovely dust! The big trucks and wind kick it up and it swirls down the road with dead aim at my house! Luckily, they are doing this on one side of our house (about .2 of a mile away) and the same thing on the other side of the house (about 2 miles away). Dust, not love, is in the air!

This is a picture of what I see as I turn off of my road each day. The end of our street is the staging area for all the various pipes, trucks, big machines and general dust churners! Enough! I have loads more to say....finished things actually...but will wait! Too much fun this blogging! Too much fun!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Beautiful quilts. Are they for the Quilts of Valor project?

Greenmare said...

wow look at those quilts! red white and blue forever!!
and you look just as cute as can be in your apron. want to come on over when I start sewing them for my guild picnic??

Anonymous said...

American Quilt - literally!

Hey, I found this good quilting mini-documentary online that I thought you might like to watch. The link is:

http://www.klru.org/docubloggers/?p=125

Enjoy!

-Jade

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails