Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sushi Night

Edit!!! For some reason I wrote this but never posted it! It was worth remembering so I'm posting it now.

This past weekend we celebrated Mom & Dad's day, and my birthday. All celebrations are either past or in the future! This was when Ms. A and C2 were available to come here, so we celebrate! For some reason, I got it in my head that we were going to make sushi. We had so much fun! We were all in the kitchen tripping over one another, getting in each others way and hollering and whining and laughing the entire time. Here is the fun in photos....




Some of the prepped stuff!






My first attempt at sushi rice...not toooo bad.


I made the most wonderful green beans. I love the hot beans at chinese buffets. I microwaved them first and then stir fried in a combo of oil and hot oil with pepper flakes! MMMMMM!!!



C2 loves to cook and brought the stuff to make tempura asparagus. After checkin' out my fridge he found jalapanos, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. He had me stuff them and then he tempura battered and fried. Delicious chinese food with a south texas flair!




DH didn't want to be left out of the picture fun so he POSED for this shot. Exactly WHAT is he cutting on the board?????




C2, his tempura mess and final product! It tasted great but was a messy little cooking project!



Mr. Fancypants sushi roll. He put hot pepper flakes inside his.



C2 showing us how to make a roll....or is he really just compensating for the peanut gallery? Here they are while (read C2 and I) did the prep work!! LOL!!! They were like the Chicken Little story..... they waited until the prep work was done and then swooped in to make and eat the sushi!!!! Ok, let's make it politically correct....they were the rooting section!


1 comment:

His Office, My Studio said...

YUM YUM!!! I hate the mess too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails