Sunday, September 19, 2010

Just a bit of rain

Love rain but WOW! Last night and today have been amazing. Here is photographic proof. All these were taken within a 4 block radius of our house. The end of our street was flooded but we est. long ago that ours is the highest house on the block. It's a good thing when it rains so much.


P9190002
The view looking out my enclosed patio. For reference, it was taken at about 11 am. Looks like nighttime huh. I think I detect white caps on the lake.

P9190007

The pond in my side yard. I'm looking out the window... no way I was going out to get this picture. See the pond?

P9190012

In front of the middle school for those of you that have been to visit. To those that haven't, come on down and you'll have a point of reference!



P9190015

P9190016

A block down from the middle school


P9190017

On the major street that connects to ours. I wouldn't have done this but the little Ford Focus made it through. Can't imagine that they had dry feet though!

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I wish we could take some of that rain for you. I think it's rained twice here this summer! It's been great for my mold allergy - one of my best summers ever - but the grass and crops are all crispy.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

That looks like our neighborhoods when it rains. The rain comes hard and fast and we flood every time. Luckily it dries up fast too.

Elaine Adair said...

Oh gosh - stay dry and safe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails