Monday, December 04, 2006

Log Cabin

As I've mentioned, a friend and I will be making pink and brown log cabin quilts. We have been saving for a while now. I have never made a log cabin and have been looking for the perfect setting . I came across this on webshots . I LOVE it. The poster was kind enough to show her draft and I copied it and recopied it. It wasn't that easy because I had to start in Excel and then move it to Word, to print screen and put it into Print Shop. The stupid print shop won't recognize something copied from Word . (which btw does anyone like Printshop 20??? I finally broke down and bought it and EEEEWWOOOWWW! I hate it. I've been using PS for years and this version just plain stinks. I'm looking for a different program but don't know which to buy.)


(This was a true test in my computerability! I am so thrilled that I figured out how to post this photo! Had to put it into paint yada yada....noone really cares, I'm just happy)

The picture of this quilt isn't perfect, but it is enough for me to be able to make the quilt. I now just need to figure out how many blocks. I do have a question.....This is drafted for 3 rounds with 1.5"strips making a 7"block. Will it look that much different if I do 4 rounds? That way I will end up with a 9" block. I want to make this a king and at 7" blocks I'll be finished sometime in 2020!

8 comments:

Joyce said...

I have only made a wonky log cabin so no help there. I use CorelDraw and CorelPaint but not sure how they compare with Printshop.

Anonymous said...

With bigger blocks, you will have fewer blocks; therefore, the pattern will repeat fewer times. Which "should" not be that big of a deal considering the amount of repeats shown on your inspiration piece.

Kim West said...

I use paint shop pro 10. I Have used it since version 7 and it is fairly user-friendly.

Kim West said...

Moira, if you check out my blog - i drafted the blocks with an extra round and set them into a quilt with that layout.

Mary Johnson said...

Can you use two inch strips? I admit for my larger log cabins I cut 2 inch strips that finish at 1.5 inches.

Anonymous said...

A lot of people seem to making log cabins lately. Is there a trend I'm missing? Maybe I need to get on bandwagon and try one, huh?

Susan said...

Love the design, whatever size you make it. Looks like Kim sorted it out for you.

Anonymous said...

It's going to be lovely.

Pooh on Printshop...it is sooo specialized! Raf has it, so I use it some, but I love Graphic Converter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails