Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I'm a bum

I have discovered that left to my own devices, I sleep 8 hours a night. No matter what time I go to bed I don't wake up until 8 hours have passed. It is a lucky thing that alarm clocks have been invented. For the last number of nights, I've been unable to sleep. Consequently, I fall asleep around 1 or 2. It is a good thing that I haven't gone to work because 1:30 + 8 hrs. = 9:30 in the morning! What a bum!!! For the last 3 days I have not woken up until at least 9:30! I feel like a crum! Half of the day is gone. Today is the last day of Passover and a holy day. It is a day that you go to synagogue. While you are there you say a special prayer for the dead. Am I there? No. I was sleeping. What a CRUM! I have no choice now, it's too late to get dressed and get there but sheesh. I thought I set my alarm.........

Last night I went to my guild meeting and won a door prize. I'm very excited about it because it is something that I have always been to cheap
to buy. It's a quilting calendar. It's one of those things that are nice to receive as a gift but you can't justify to buy for yourself. It's a silly thing but it makes me happy.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I have that calendar and I just love it. It is fun to turn over the page and see a new block each day. I have even made a couple of things from it. Enjoy.

Sweet P said...

I had that calendar last year and liked it.

As for sleeping, no matter what time I go to bed I always wake up around 6:30, even if I stay awake until 1 AM, I'm up at 6:30.

Vicky said...

I have that calendar also. Of course, I didn't throw away last year's because there are a couple quilts I want to make from it - someday!

Sorry you missed synagogue, but sleeping in sounds great!! :)

(Hugs)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails