Sunday, February 03, 2008

What I don't want to admit


I've begun to be a tracker...I've tracked my exercise since the beginning of the year. No problem. I've tracked my quilting spending and projects started vs. completed...........

.....................B-I-G S-I-L-E-N-C-E.........................................................................

I spent a small fortune this month on a hobby! Imagine what I might have spent had I not been tracking? Remember I found that big sale at Hobby Lobby and bought a load of fabric for backs for king sized quilts and such? I alos bought 5 yards for my secret sister and 2 .5 for charity. I bought tools, a few patterns and a travel sewing machine. (all during retreat) All in all the total is ....well, embarrassing. On the one hand, I am glad that I tracked my spending because I had no idea it was as bad as this. On the other hand....what glutonny! ( I sound like Tevyeh in Fiddler on the Rood, "On the other hand..") So here is my "Lack of Stashbusting in January" report.


82.5 yards purchased
*5 yards for secret sister
*2.5 for charity
-21.33 yards used
______________
61.17

Finished:

Zipper Pouch
Coasters set
Fleece Throw
Fleece "scarf"
Boot Quilt
Charity String-group effort
Charity String-strips & strings
Flag wall hang
Jolly Jingle Table runner - floral

Of these items, 5 are UFO's with 2 being charity group projects that were mine to finish. I didn't count the two charity quilts in my fabric "out" totals.

Do I get kicked off the no buy island??? "On the other hand," life goes on and now I know. Like I tell my kids, the problem comes in if you don't learn and adjust to the things you learn.

2 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Oh my -- well you DID get a LOT of work done and out the door....are you waiting for the 'other' shoe to drop? Laughing a lot here in Nebraska after spending yesterday NOT buying fabric but leaving with $100 on my Credit Card for books, rulers, notions -- but HEY, no fabric!!!

I will smile a lot the rest of this evening, knowing I am not the only weak and human lady quilter.

Granny said...

OMG! Your stashbusting report makes me feel good!!

Well, you got good deals and maybe you'll do better this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails