Friday, August 08, 2008

Quilting again?


Who could survive without friends? My dear friend CCCat is determined to get me back to quilting if it kills her! In that spirit, yesterday she "recommended" that we quilt one of "our" charity tops. (Uhmm.. I use "our" very loosely. I'm not sure I put one stitch into this top!) It looks very much like this one...although it's NOT this one! Once again I repeat how fortunate I am to have a friend willing to share her passion with me (sheesh in any other place that statement wouldn't look right! LOL!) and allow me to quilt on her longarm. Just working on it excited me enough to begin to think about finishing my quilts so I can get to quilting!

The girls are coming over today to work on our guild make n' take project. I will be teaching how to make coil bowls to the group in Sept. and we need to prep. Pics later.....(see! More quilty news! It is coming back!!!)

PLUS! THE OLYMPICS START TONIGHT. I love the Olympics and plan on getting a massive amount of Locker Hooking finished in the next 17 days!!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's what friends are for!

Mary Johnson said...

I love rail fence quilts - good for you for getting back to *work*.

I've ordered my Locker Hooking stuff but while I'm waiting, I'm having my own binding Olympics!

The Calico Quilter said...

What a deal having a friend with a quilting machine! Love rail fence quilts - so quick but have such a visual impact.

Cathie said...

You're working on some pretty cool projects -- coil bowls, locker hooking and patchwork. Funny - I just got that book last week from a friend of mine (I borrowed it) and have been anxious to try one of the bowls. They also have cute little embellishments on some of them. Nice job on yours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails