Monday, August 04, 2008

What I HAVE been working on

Besides bowls, I'm hooked (no pun here) on Locker Hooking , (basically it is a single crochet with fabric on a mesh). You can see a demo here. Some books here. I saw a demo on America Quilts Creatively and couldn't wait to try it. My GF and I went looking for materials and found kits on clearance at Hobby Lobby for under $2.00! We bought them all. If I could find more I would scoop them up in an instant! The kits do not include fabric, only the mesh, string, a hook and the pattern. My GF is obsessed! She is on her third rug. I haven't finished my first but hope to soon! This is what I have finished.


It's just a simple square that they recommend you try for your first project. Doesn't look like much here but when you look at it on the table, it's kinda cute. Actually, I love it!
Plus it uses tons and tons of fabric. The rug I am working on will end up using 11 yards of fabric! No that is not a typo! You use all the flimsy, junky, ugly stuff and you cannot tell the differance! Just wait until you see my rug. You'll be amazed that this girl can actually crochet!


4 comments:

Silverthimble said...

I love the lockerhook table mat! This is a craft I have wanted to try for some time now! BTW, those placemats look good enough to eat! LOL

Mom IsAmagpie said...

Your table looks fabulous!!! I love the look of locker hooking. America Quilts Creatively is such an awesome show. I always want to make everything they show.

Mary Johnson said...

This is just so cute!

I've been wanting to try a small rug since seeing this on VickiW's blog. I followed a couple links and would have ordered tonight except they only take Visa/MC and mine are downstairs....I really don't have the time but I can't resist any longer.

The Calico Quilter said...

Those placemats are beyond cute and so summery looking! And brilliant if you have a round table.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails