Monday, October 20, 2008

Why I.........

I don't remember when it happened but I began doing things for the when "I'm no longer around." I don't plan on going anywhere soon but know how important memories, ect. are to loved ones. It is why I blog. I've wanted to start a journal for years. This is as close as I'll ever get. Oh, I must admit that I enjoy talking about, reading about and thinking about quilting but, life seeps in a post every now and then. I keep a file with a copy of all of my blog entries. Eventually, most of them need to be tossed but perhaps one or two will strike a chord with my girls and they will want to keep "my words." It's why I blog about my family or the holidays. It's nice that there are other people interested in "my words" now. As a matter of fact, I find it fastinating that "strangers" want to read what I write....maybe they just look at the pictures! However, mostly I do it for tomorrow. Well.....I do do it for today too but ultimately for tomorrow. (I think it's funny that my "in person friends" will read my posts and comment to me about them!!! It's very flattering. When my one friend leaves for the entire summer, she keeps up with me through my blog!)

It's the same reason why I seem obsessed with making things for the girls. Yes, my personality is one that becomes obsessed with something and then once that obsession is over, never revisits it again! My latest obsession is making things for my girls homes. Maybe it's because "How many Halloween, Valentine or Thanksgiving table runners can I own?" Maybe it's because there are so many items out there that I want to make and I only have so much space. Mostly I think it is because I want them to be surrounded by the love that went into creating those things. I hope that they will have so many hand made things from me over many, many years that they beg me to stop! But in the meantime, I'll keep blogging and sewing and hopefully piling memories on top of memories.

2 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

The really BIG thing I want to do, when it's my time to 'go' is to have clean closets! Isn't that dumb? It's bad enough that it's ME who had to look at them, all cluttered and messy, but how awful to leave all that behind.

Not one person in my family reads my blog ... odd ... maybe I can gossip about them ... but I do have friends who comment routinely on what I've said or mentioned or quilted.

Linda said...

I started that a couple of years ago. Little stuff divided into boxes for each child, etc... Pictures only for that child, sayings I wanted them to remember through life, etc... not sure why I started it, just wanted each child to know how much each day that I thought of them after I am gone and will not be able to show then another way. Memories no matter when recieved are wonderful!
Linda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails