Thursday, November 13, 2008

Goin' GaGa

I just love, love my new phone. I went to the Sprint store with the intention of getting any ole' simple phone. However, my daughter and I share a plan and because she needed to have XYZ features, with the ability to download L-M-N-O-P files, I knew that we were going to have to upgrade our plan.

My conversation with the ever so perky sales clerk (but very helpful) at Sprint:

Me: I'm just looking for a plain phone. My daughter needs to do XYZPDQ on her phone and I just need a phone.

Perky Sales Clerk: Well come down to this end. This phone is very simmmple and has larrrrge numbers. (read with your talking to a two year old who doesn't speak your language, voice.)

Me: (Chuckling) Why thank you...and on went the conversation.

We moved to the computer screen

Me: Oooo how did you get to that on the Sprint site? I haven't been able to find it.

PSC: Fiirssst, yoou cliiiick heeere. Theeen, yooou cliccccck heeere.

By now, I am so amused with this sweet young thing assuming that I am dumb as a doornail that all I could do was smile. I didn't buy a phone just then and chuckeled all night long reliving our conversation. When I went back in the next day I bought this


a Samsung Instinct. The poor girl nearly fell over. She was just so amazed that I chose the total opposite of what I'd asked for (and what she assumed I'd understand how to use).


This touch phone stuff is very nice! Plus because DD needs XYZPDQ, I have internet, texting, GPS (invaluable when lost in Houston and tired from Quilt Festival), and on and on. I can't wait to have the time to go back to my sweet little sales clerk, who was certain I was going to return the phone, and tell her how much I like it.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Giggle, giggle. My daughter has the same attitude towards me at time, and I just smile and nod!!!
Lurking Linda

The Calico Quilter said...

Yes, it's a cool phone, but I'm a dinosaur, you see. I expect a phone to be a phone. Just a phone, only a phone!

Check out my blog, I'm having a giveaway!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails