Tuesday, October 06, 2009

potholders

I was on a serger kick. I just felt like serging and quilting. I learned a few things.

1. My serger doesn't like batting
2. My serger DOESN'T like Insul-bright batting
3. My kicks don't last long. I tired before I finished! LOL! I did finish all I had started. I still have a few strip sets left to quilt but I'm in no hurry.

I used a pattern from Sewing with Nancy called Ready ,Set, Serge. I used it because of the unique method of turning. There is no hand work and no topstitching. I think next time I will modify it and only add one "hand pouch" on the back.

I used up some bits of batting, thread that the long arm doesn't like and a few random strips of fabric. All in all a good experiment a good quilting practice.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails