Sunday, January 17, 2010

Stash Report

It's week 3 and I finally have a stash report with no additions!. Of course, I have no subtractions either but, at least everything stayed the same.

All of my projects are packed for retreat. On the plus side, if I finish half of what I want to finish, I'll be doing good!

My optomistic list of projects
4 pillow cases 2 3/4 yds
wonder wallets 1/4 yd per two
Cavs top a bunch o fabric
Browns top (it's nearly done now) a bunch o fabric
triangle top a massive amount of fabric

I used to count fabric as "used" only after a project is finished. I think I'm going to change that. Once a top is finished, not quilted but to flimsy, that fabric is used. Unless you want to disassemble a flimsy to re-use fabrics, they are out of your stash. So, if next week is productive, I'll have a great stash report. Well, that is if I don't have toooo much fun at It's a Stitch in Houston, and The Quilt Room in Huffman. Just in case,I'll need to be sure to finish projects as a counter balance!!!

Pop over to Judy's blog and see how the other participants are doing on their stashbusting!

Fabric added this week 0 yds
Fabric used this week 0
Total added YTD 39
Total used YTD 0

7 comments:

Kathie said...

have a great retreat, I am sure you will have lots to report next week.

Kathie L

Laura said...

Have a great time at the retreat! It sounds like you have a good plan for getting a lot done.

Unknown said...

I am confident that you will have a productive retreat and still have fun too!

Amy said...

Have fun at the retreat. I think you will get much accomplished there.

Quiltsmiles said...

With all of your plans, I just know you'll be showing usage of your stash next week. I hope you have a grand time at the retreat and the local quilt shops don't lure you in.....LOL

Linda said...

Great plans and stash report. I think you're low on your estimate for the pillow cases and that you'll use more. Figure on at least one yard per pillowcase, a little more if you had extra trim. Have fun at your retreat!

Lori in South Dakota said...

A retreat--have a great time! It's not ALL about sewing! I have to count mine as I finish it, I have lots of tops to the quilting stage, and need to FINISH them. Otherwise, I would gladly piece and not quilt! I do enjoy the hand part of binding though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails