Sunday, June 05, 2011

So much fun!

Temp measured from my car on Friday


Thursday and Friday of last week I went to see Bonnie Hunter in Houston at the Kingwood Guild. It was absolutely what I needed! I've read everything on her site, followed her for years, cut my fabric into strips....but somehow, never "got" it. Listening to her made a light bulb go off in my head. It was as if she was saying to me "Marla! JUST do it! Just go out and do what you want! Just use your stuff! Stop being paralysed! FORGET the quilt police!" It was as if a huge weight was lifted off of me. My GF took a picture of Bonnie and me but I need her to send it to me.



Let me tell you what a trooper she was. The church we were meeting in had no A/C. She carried on as if it was nothing. We were dying of heat and not even moving around and talking.

It was utterly miserable!



I need to take a picture of my star struck blocks ( the workshop project). Right now I am busy sewing, sewing and limiting my computer time.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails