Sunday, August 26, 2012

Twister memory quilt


I don't post for months and then boom! Multiple posts in one day. 

This is a little quilt I made for my sister.  Her husband died last year after a long battle with brain cancer.  I used his shirts to create this memory quilt.  I made a second one for her father in law. 

At first it was just the act ofmaking a quilt. Soon however, it became much more.  It was healing to create it. 

We have had many losses the last few years. Last year both Dan ( my b-i-l not husband) and my father died.  It was a rough end of the year. 

I hand bound this quilt, something I rarely do.  It gave me a chance to think about Dan, my sister and niece.  It was cathartic.

I'm so glad  I thought to take his shirts home with me . 

RIP Dan Karlen.  We will miss you.

Sent from my Galaxy S®III

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails