Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ike not here

Well, we lucked out this time. The entire city practically shut down, the malls, restaurants. even WalMart closed. The storm turned and unfortunately pummeled our neighbors in Galveston and Houston. Here it is blazing hot, sunny and gorgeous. North side of a hurricane, destruction, south side, hot, hot and dry! THANKS TO ALL FOR YOU PRAYERS AND WELL WISHES. I just finished taking the boards off of my windows, by myself I might add, and am getting the house back to normal. Will write more later, I have photos, but for now, I just wanted to say thanks.

5 comments:

The Calico Quilter said...

Thank goodness you are safe. I have seen such miserable pictures from the Houston area. When you did not post anything I imagined you had skedaddled far, far away from the coast!

floribunda said...

glad to hear things went well for you! in celebration, I bought myself a 100-yard hank of clothesline... now to figure out how to do that wrappy thing!

Silverthimble said...

What a relief! I am so glad you have missed Ike!

Regina said...

So glad it turned away from you - too bad we could not have wished it away completely!

Linda said...

Very glad to hear the news :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails